apm
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.
Cerca
Risultati per:
Ricerca avanzata
Settembre 2024
LunMarMerGioVenSabDom

Calendario

Ads

Nessun annuncio disponibile.

Andare in basso
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin
    https://www.adventurephotomodels.com

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty MWP Project: North American B-25J Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale

Lun Feb 26, 2018 1:21 am
    Hello everyone,
    here I am again with a 'new' project MWP (Metal Work Panels), as the title of the new topic states, it is the light bomber B-25 J[/ b] in the strictly NMF (Natural Metal Finish) Nose Strafer version and precisely the one belonging to the 498th Bomber Squadron 'Falcons', 345th Bomber Group 'Air Apaches' 5th AF stationed in the Philippines (May 1945) 'Lady Lil' of which you can see a rare photo of the original model:

This MWP project
    is based on the kit produced a few years ago by Hong Kong Models in 1:32 scale:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YAU4OaC

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PCXAE25

Let's open the kit:

The first impressions I had when examining the kit were certainly very positive: everything was very tidy, clean and of good quality. The box states a laconic 'over 500,000 rivets' which is true, in fact I believe there are even more and therefore the detail is truly impressive. Just to understand what we are talking about, here are some examples of the panels and the related information contained (rivets, punching, lines, etc.) after having highlighted them with a quick oil wash (which I will need later for the panel cloning operation):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VEgLyTR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XAezCsN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gj8gMn6

and the chosen version, 'Lady Lil', was purchased separately with the ZotZ Decals set:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Jz4RMoY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Qun1g7K

The model was equipped with other accessories as illustrated below:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JZD4yWI

The MWP Project: it is the most important and demanding (size, commitment and cost) ever undertaken until now: in comparison, the previous projects (MWP) seem to have been just mere exercises, and let me explain, this project, to be carried out correctly, requires in-depth knowledge of the metal coating technique, good manual skills and familiarity with the products used for metal coating (tapes, sheets or metal foil or bare metal etc.), a sure knowledge of the work tools and support techniques (oxidation, brushing, etc.) and repair of any errors in cutting the panel or fixing it.
    We will see later what kind of commitment this new modeling challenge will take.
    That's all for now.
    See you next time.

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 2:06 pm - modificato 5 volte.
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 1

Mar Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am
    Let's resume the preparatory work for the metal coating, that is, let's proceed with the assembly, the application of details and self-constructions relating to the cockpit and the internal part of the fuselage:
    Let's start preparing the various (internal) components that will be assembled and fixed on the two half-fuselases, floor and column of the main turret, radio system, ventral access

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Q8MjPCY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZUMeEQf

the interested parts are improved with the detail set from Eduard BigEd (photo-etched & transparent masks):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OPjeitd

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 9ukTWtl

with the same method, we proceed with the bulkheads of the tail machine gunner's position

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PXKAQ7E

with the help of a folder, we assemble the photo-etched parts that will detail the interested part:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZJz2UFm

the photo-etched parts, before being fixed, were adequately treated: USAAF interior green Vallejo color, and lightly reworked with a wash based on Mussini 'Asphalt' oil/resin mix and delicately reworked 'dry' to highlight the riveting:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XREPjU0

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale X9VKGr8

now, we will proceed with the assembly, coloring and detailing (with application of the optional accessories) of the cockpit:
    let's start with the floor which will have to be previously treated (sanded) to eliminate the original parts and allow the insertion of Eduard's photo-engravings:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XsaPNak

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HrAQUAp

Competing optional parts for cockpit seat assembly:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HPTM97C

Eduard and HGW propose an excellent solution for the detail of the seats in the cockpit but, after an overall evaluation, I opted for the solution proposed by HGW as it features the co-pilot's quilt, a detail not present in the Eduard set (provides a normal seat equal to that of the pilot). Obviously these are just personal choices.
    HGW: Detail set:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IuVvGVd

Eduard: detail set (for the backrests):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Qpyxxhk

work carried out ad hoc with the folder:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XrCDOgO

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale M6pPNkm

work progress: coloring and wear (weathering)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OJwjIrU

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QFQzdce

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QkyPa04

Instrument panel : Eduard set + insertion of glossy acetate film (slide simulation)

Eduard set: The instrument panel (like everything else in the detail set) is superbly crafted with color and detail
    unparalleled.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Nj6k1HN

I cut out a piece of glossy acetate film taking the shape of the instrument panel:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Fc57vZP

I check that the film is correctly cropped (there must be no overflows or deficiencies to obtain a good result)

at this point, I can apply and fix the panels with the film inserted in the middle:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RgnaW5H

I fixed the instrument panel to the floor and completed it with the pedals which were detailed with the North American symbols as well as various other control instruments and various levers (Eduard Big Ed). I assemble and fix the seat belts made of mocro fibre/laser by HGW:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FiloCWF

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale U5hmYss

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FZPvN8c

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LvtVn5B

Editing control columns and detail (scratch building):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HWDmyKm

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PVQtqIW

I modify the original parts of the kit by wanting to apply the firing buttons as represented by the photo of the original shown above purely for technical and illustrative reference. I proceed like this:

I get two bolts (of the right size) from the specific Meng resin set (various scales) after having previously drilled them with the micro drill:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GSrcUdR

I gently lift them with the tip of the scalpel:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LsMCu6C

the tiny bolts (which will be the base of the firing buttons) are now ready to be fixed to the interested part:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 0J2x7Eh

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Rr3YuXr

I collect a tiny drop of cyanoacrylic with the appropriate dispenser and place it on the affected part:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale UKLCn7u

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FLGIw2I

with a waxy pencil, I secure the tiny bolt which I will immediately glue onto the already ready interested part:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Sf6YZyW

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LDUBIF1

as if by magic, now our fire button begins to take shape:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PYIcZJJ

I cut a very small segment of tubular Strip Styrene to the size that I will insert inside the newly created bolt:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JQtXpzN

what the modified part with the fire button looks like now:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GcncaSN

In the same way, I prepare the electrical connections to control the front machine guns:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GH5ESpD

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale MqvfXrl

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PPNcDzk

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale F8prrKE

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Rzp4vFj

We have reached the end of this session:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RuJHBrQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 3tvKGec

That's all for now. See you next time and as always, great modeling everyone.

Giorgio

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 2:24 pm - modificato 2 volte.
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 2

Mer Feb 28, 2018 1:44 pm
    Hello everyone.

In this update we will deal with:

BOMBS AND BOMBS

Let's start by assembling the bombs (excellent from kits) trying to seal them as best as possible with putty (Mr. Surfacer 1200 spray) and applying the photo-etched parts from the BigEd and styrene set.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FX9GoI0

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YcvvI6Q

Using flat, square-tipped tweezers, I delicately open the flaps of the photo-etched fans

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale M9z1B0D

In this photo you can see the (round) styrene strips applied to the BigEd photo-etched crowns as a function of the directional propeller hub.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BvMW2Uw

The bombs are now ready to be colored and aged:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NMnyp7q

Fixed with PataFix,  the bombs complete with photo-etched and adequately sealed parts, on a support suitable to be rotated by hand.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale B3RoAlE

RB Productions: masking strips curved:

First of all, wanting to obtain two yellow bands, I give a yellow-based primer (Tamya, excellent for intensity, viscosity and shade gradation: it requires good dilution), taking care not to give any dark color (colours like yellow, red, orange do not tolerate dark colors used as primers) thinking about the future work of oil/resin washing with Mussini 'asphalt' coloring.  dark grey-brown)  I prepare the excellent masks (curved strips) produced by RB Productions in 0.1 mm which you can see at the bottom of the illustration:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale KL0Ze1J

In this photo you can see the 0.1 mm RB masks. (curves) excellent,  for this type of intervention: I delicately lift a self-adhesive string (very thin and note that it does not leave smudges or annoying residues of color) and I apply it gently to the bomb, wrapping as needed (I can do the rest comfortably cut with scissors and use it for other uses) in the desired position (I can also modify or correct it, if the curvature is incorrect, at a later time). As mentioned previously, having fixed the bombs on a support (toothpick for skewers) with the PataFix, it will be simple and correct to wrap the masking string around the bomb by turning the support with your fingers as if it were a guide:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JEV0HnT

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VCbh7Dg

coloring and aging:

Let's now move on to the normal coloring of the bombs and the state of wear: to obtain this coloring I used a mix of colors from the interior green LifeColor to the Mussini 'asphalt' oil/resin wash to finish with a passage of black, earth mix chalk colors of siena and mustard, with a final airbrush application of fixative:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GZe4cvO

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LHmC8vF

For the directional propeller, I used a mix of colors (Silver Vallejo 30% and Tamya gold 70%)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1SlL5kJ

The depression effect or 'blow' impact that can be seen on the bow of the bomb in evidence was created (at the time of assembly) using the scalpel technique ( to subtract the plastic part) and some stucco (to fill and shape the blow received). Then highlighting the part with the base color the more or less light tones around to the interested part and by providing the appropriate metal detections ( white aluminium/burnt) realistic and certainly interesting effects can be obtained:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 7HYcxyn

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1Dke15D

BOMBE COMPARTMENT: Application of Eduard BiEd photo-etchings and detail:

First, I get the photo-etched parts from the Eduard BigEd detail set

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SIIlLbQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YYjbHng

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VR4uOtP

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IN2t4DC

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZeHAXjf

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 35sdrKy

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YuNfcoM

Color of the 'bomb bay' cabin:

Once the various photo-etched parts have been prepared (folded) and applied to the bulkheads of the bomb bay cabin, I move on to coloring

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale S4AuYtQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XsYdzUI

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale UgDNX4K

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 76UHLSF

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TFtXcbY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 3QMtraI

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IzolgAz

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BihDUVV

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale DJbpdpx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale A2kVMPr

We have reached the end of this session: see you next time and as always, great modeling for everyone.

Giorgio

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 2:40 pm - modificato 1 volta.
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 3

Ven Mar 02, 2018 5:26 pm
    Let's resume the wip with this new work session:  test (to fit) of pre-fixing the bomb cabin.

It is always advisable if not imperative, especially having inserted detailed or self-built parts, to carry out a test to verify that the original parts have not been compromised in any way during the closure so as to jeopardize the final assembly of the model:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WJCtZPN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 6Godq6h

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YAcXmfQ

The test gave a positive result in the sense that all the parts fit together perfectly and therefore we can proceed with the further interventions:

nose gear assembly - Scale Aircraft Conversions conversion set - addition of reloading weights

In this project MWP (Metal Work Panels), it is good to have clarified that, the overall weight of the model that will to logically unload on the trolleys, once completely covered with the self-adhesive aluminum tape, will undergo a significant variation if, as in our case, further metal parts are added (set of photoengraving and/or resin)  and finally, a significant load of leads (approximately 80 gr) to create the counterweight to the model (already required by the original kit) to in order to avoid the rear seat, determines the choice (where possible) of therefore strengthening the real supports of the model (trolleys) by replacing the original ones (in polyurethane, and in any case well made) with those produced by SAC in metal (white metal) very more reliable, safer and, let me say, with a more realistic touch and in any case, more congruous to a model completely covered in metal foil. Obviously these are personal choices and therefore maximum respect for anyone who holds a contrary opinion.
    Scale Aircraft Conversions set :

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Tlydy2M

original vs. metal set:

from the left, the original bow landing gear and on the right, the one made of white metal:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WvIQ2DZ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IcmI5R1

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 54oTISJ

Addition of reloading sinkers (approx. 80 g)

This too is my personal choice, that is to equip myself with reloading sinkers, available at hunting and fishing shops or I think, even online. I prefer this type of weight because it is easily manageable in terms of placement and/or possible redistribution if the affected area proves insufficient or uncomfortable.
    Reloading sinkers exist in various formats and my advice is to keep two or three types in stock (from the smallest to the largest)
    precisely to be able to have more options in case of limited space or insertion difficulties.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RNAgjh9

In this case, I made a mixer of different carats to reach the required weight:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VE1pkdM

The bag of leads (glued) was in turn further sealed with bioadhesive tape (might seem excessive but I can assure you that losing thousands of these pellets (which are toxic, among other things) all over the room is a 'hypothesis that I don't even want to take into consideration..)  and temporarily placed, in view of the future closure and compatibility test, in the left bulkhead of the bow landing gear.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OLH2LFT

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IlhO077

Tail gunner's position:

Detail set: Eduard BigEd and for seat belts: HGW microfibre & laser

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale F5Jlbxj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Bh7xpYw

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NCuRddE

tail gunner position: test to fit:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Jh9S2cu

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale U2FJc8S

Preparation of lateral machine gun positions:

creation of the weapon supports and the support base (absent in the original):

before:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RlotCjK

after: scratch building of the ribs, supports and bases, application of the detail sets.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Yfz8yXR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale MTlWTaf

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YLwjFpt

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VtGYCQD

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WE7xGrv

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 3P61HDD

external view:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 4NrOMun

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RFo3t2v

ending wors/b]:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VBNUpUM

Application of further details on the internal part before the final closure of the fuselage:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YxtZrHP

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HJRUJyz

Cockpit gallery :

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale D7evI8r

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Oz6okAr

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 5ieXnsF

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale AsqJftY

Internal Pin-Up: this is just my very personal 'artistic license', I simply gave free rein to my interpretation and nothing more! I decided to personalize (however remaining in the 'Lady Lil' theme) the backrest behind the co-pilot's seat and where a fire extinguisher will be fixed, applying a small and cute pin-up in 1/48 scale as a lucky charm companion for the boys. 498th Bomber Squadron 'Falcons' !

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CW6Ih37

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gp7yuU0

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale DDs24jp

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale DU2UAt3

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ivh57oi

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RztnDre

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale W3WjCQx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IKNF9av

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WjeCTlp

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CvHtShY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale V0G71sH

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Wkz2bnP

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 6XjHrvJ

bombs bay gallery:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale L2SnnK1

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SXiMrkP

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale MNUt39C

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Q4YnJlc

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NlU7Iwj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FMSseIR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CQN7ucL

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NHR2ecY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gp05CFY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WwSORAd

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 9zfoTIb

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale DCKQf5t

Final fuselage closure test:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CLkJ13Y

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale V16RLst

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JNraJTO

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TgNRgZV

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale UWtM9A8

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LJ93ldY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale D6D11u8

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ytrzk6W

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Pnx3oNp

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TaOGmIB

The test was successful and the model can be definitively closed.

Preparing the model for the MWP metal coating procedure:

Once the pre-assembly phase of the model is completed, application of the details whether they come from third parties (sets of photo-engravings or resins) or self-built by us  which to sometimes, either due to decidedly unpopular costs, or due to the product itself being deemed not to live up to one's expectations, they are preferable where possible, even if obviously more inconvenient, we must now concentrate on the very delicate and essential phase of preparing the model for metal cladding procedure (MWP).
    This phase is completely preparatory to the actual 'cloning' of the panel to be covered: in short, we must be able to replicate the original panel in its entirety and indeed do better, detailing it where it lacks information.

- model without detection:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TPIoiyR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZcIj0Ur

- model with detection of all the information contained, after washing based on Mussini 'Asphalt' oil/resin:

note: this step was actually done before assembly for practicality and safety reasons (such an important wash, it is better to carry it out 'untouched kit' to avoid any damage to glued and delicate parts such as photo-etched parts etc. also to avoid accidentally detecting the presence of any scratches, marks, impurities due to filling or excessive glue etc.

The following photo gallery illustrates what and how much information we will have to collect and replicate during the cloning phase of the panels including the[b] rivets which apparently number more than 500,000!!!

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NACwAge

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Q3KVGH1

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TBe8fSA

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HWSuEHA

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gj8gMn6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TaOGmIB

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LzdzgPQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale KeYmxQj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 6ygYWbt

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VQWrSHp

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OEbsj4z

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 9Qg1UTL

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VEgLyTR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VwEOMJS

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XAezCsN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IhYGUv6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BpQPmDr

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2cNKH7m

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GwjN8B9

This session is over and as always, I wish everyone very good
    Giorgio

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 3:03 pm - modificato 2 volte. (Motivazione : riordino illustrazioni)
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 4 : MWP (Metal Work Panels) procedure

Sab Mar 03, 2018 4:54 pm
    Hello everyone.
    In today's session we will finally deal with the metal cladding procedure of the B-25J 'lady Lil' better known as Metal Work Panels or MWP.
    During the previous sessions, we prepared the model (the fuselage) to receive the metallic coating and therefore we preliminarily 'washed' the interested part with a based color of oil and resin  and then cleaned with petroleum essence to highlight all the information we need (cloning of the panel ) to be transcribed onto the film self-adhesive aluminium.

Subsequently, as explained, we assembled and detailed all the internal parts required to be able to definitively close the model. However, before proceeding to closing the fuselage we will have to start covering the panels to be more comfortable and sure of working correctly and continually verifying the conformity of our work.

To obtain a good result it is of fundamental importance from now on to follow the MWP technique without omitting any steps.
    First of all, we will have to examine and study the structure of the model in the sense of fully understanding how the panels have been structured in their abscissae and ordinates in order to correctly replicate the 'invisible' conjunctions, i.e. those directly adjacent to the upper and lower closures.
    For this reason, we will have to limit ourselves in the first instance to covering only and exclusively the side panels in the longitudinal direction!
    This applies to both semi-fuselages, while the 'c.d. invisible' panels can easily be covered in an absolutely correct manner, once the model is definitively closed: this is also for another reason, in this way, we will be able to obtain a perfect closure of the model by applying, if necessary, a thread ofcyanoacrylic to seal the union of the two parts (cyanoacrylic vitrification process) and where this If this is not enough, apply a little putty and sand lightly until you obtain a truly smooth and homogeneous closure. The metal band, unfortunately, does not hide the imperfections, on the contrary, if anything it amplifies them let it be clear.
    The following illustrations will undoubtedly clarify the concept further:
    As you can see, the model shows traces of light plastering both in the upper and lower part: at this point, having carried out all the sealing operations on the model, and having already covered the lateral parts, I can fully safety proceed with the further coating to finish the project:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale EUymyxG

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2LDUKSu

Having made these simple but necessary premises, let's get to work:

First of all, we will get some self-adhesive aluminum tape (they can be found in hardware stores, some Brico Centers or online) accompanied by  protective film, IT IS ESSENTIAL!!!

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FBNIZnI

Compatibility and scale TEST:

One of the most ferocious criticisms that some model makers leveled at me years ago, when I had the insane idea of ​​launching this 'modus operandi' of model making, was precisely that of carrying out the technique, with riveting 'out of scale' and this criticism led me to reconsider the 'preliminary operations' of compatibility with the original model and the scalar riveters by directly comparing the results on a piece of tape metallic:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VOlhuJs

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YY7H6E5

In our case, I performed the test with three different types of riveters 1/32 standard, 1/32 large (1/32-1/24) and a mix 1/32 - 1/48 all with single wheel (only one wire of riveting)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Kg0Rymr

here I also added a standard 1/48 scale riveter:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GOg6qUm

Riveter and punch test:
    Even the punching machines must respect the reference scale of the model: 1/32
    I tested the punch with two types of tips (in 1/32 scale) to understand the most compliant one:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PI0wU2b

Let's see six essential steps illustrated to understand the MWP technique together:

1- 'Panel cloning' process
    : write with pencil on transparent, opaque and self-adhesive film for A/4 size labels (3M type)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GJPlOFm

2- Rewriting of all the information contained on the original panels (lines, doors, riveting and punching, etc.):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2Egzwgv

3. Check for compatibility, coincidence with the original panel and clone (film) recovery:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Y9Py8hd

4-Fixing the clone (film) on the aluminum tape and performing the roller heat transfer (MWP) process

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Vl6Xsfm

5-Panel writing process (riveting, punching, lines, etc.)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Q8191GY

6-Conclusion of the procedure with contextual control of the correctness of the installation, absence of errors, defects (wrinkles, scratches and curls) correspondence of the cloned panels with the originals complete with all the information.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale I3aIDXK

'Hot' ironing of the panels: once the affected part has been covered, to ensure I avoid wrinkles, folds or imperfections of any nature and for a better response of the tape glue, I go over the panels with the ' roller' barely heated (heat bearable to the touch) but sufficient to 'iron or spread' the metal coating. The flame produced by the match that you see in the photo is certainly valid for capturing the necessary heat but it is only for indicative purposes, everyone is free to use the heat source they deem most appropriate, as long as it is adequate (I repeat it must be bearable to the touch, a heat excessive, it could irreparably damage or deform the plastic of the model with imaginable consequences) to the delicate materials for which it is intended.
    for example only!:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GKJjs11

The curvilinear, an indispensable tool for dealing with more complex and precise coverings:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HmhkiVO

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8LrWfdH

As you can easily see, with the curvilinear it is possible to cut the metal strip 'shaping' it perfectly in accordance with the original:
    MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZbBbihH

End this session here. As always, I wish everyone very good modeling

Giorgio

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 3:49 pm - modificato 2 volte. (Motivazione : riordino illustrazioni e rettifica refusi stampa)
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 5

Dom Mar 04, 2018 8:00 pm
    We continue with the MWP procedure or the metal coating of the model.

As explained previously, now we can really understand the importance of the oil wash to highlight all the information that we will have to copy onto the opaque transparent film.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VKPuHca

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale K8FWSwK

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8sCG5MH

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale AGsailV

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 0TWfory

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XNV6XJW

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ukmo0IZ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VDyfaDi

INREPLACEMENT OPERATION: Procedure in case of incorrect cutting and/or installation of the panel:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OlFZ814

Of course, it shouldn't happen but believe me, errors like the ones you see illustrated above can always happen to everyone, perhaps due to a moment of distraction, tiredness or even more simply due to simple and damned haste to finish a part: fatal error and certainly attributable to performer!.
    Fortunately, apart from time and the desire to redo the incorrect panel from scratch, if you use, as recommended, the aluminum tape with protection, nothing particular happens (while with the tape without the support protection, additional time will have to be added to clean off the glue that will have inexorably stuck to the part of the model underneath the covering): easily lift an edge of the panel to be replaced and, taking care not to ruin the adjacent ones, eliminate it easily. With due attention, we will repeat the normal cloning operations, writing all the information present on the original and the incident ends here, easy right?

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VZlxD3p

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 6v3P7rS

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8iDx29W

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CoDNLvy

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 7uo17SE

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 75fVK7I

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Na3gDR6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8sKg28y

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale T11IWyj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale W9XotoR

Now the panel is perfect and the covering is correct:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 7xAAp8n

......the procedure continues and hopefully without further problems:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SFRbcha

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 0Q2HX7h

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XX1hFod

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LV7RfVE

MWP - execution technique: first I cover the internal panels while the outermost ones, which will close the parts, will be covered only when we have glued them:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HLb2Ky6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Zm3uqog

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZNEpJ4O

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1QCwYbo

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VohGJI7

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OlhQNo8

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZKEAGzI

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XkN4Sbd

Oxidation of Eduard photoetchings ( machine guns ):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NGhm5as

After delicately detaching the photo-engravings dedicated to machine guns from the appropriate Eduard sheet illustrated above, I proceeded to roll them around the very thin barrel of an airbrush needle which on this occasion served as a guide or pin, and therefore with I tightened my fingertips and turned them gently on the cutting mat, obtaining many small perforated cylinders ready to encapsulate the machine gun barrels, previously painted in burnt silver.
    At this point, using the excellent and specific oxidizing liquid proposed by MiG, I completely immersed the cylinders which, after a few minutes, were completely oxidized (blackened) without the need for any other treatment (fixing the color on the metal):[/ justify]

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 9uBq3Nk

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale U7IPpqN

How the machine guns now appear: when inserted into the appropriate sockets of the weapons, they will be further polished with a very light oil/resin wash which will give a more worn and 'burnt' appearance.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale G7IArjy

Completion of tail and side weapon complements:
    in this phase my main concern was aimed at the possible suitability of the (original) holes with respect to the machine guns finished with photo-etching which certainly modified their size (increasing it): having carried out the necessary checks, my doubts found logical confirmation . At this point, I simply enlarged the entry holes of the weapons by a few millimeters with the appropriate ModelCraft needles.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale X7LnTaq

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QxCwhkA

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QxCwhkA

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale C0i80qm

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale N5wruIQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2hZIt2Y

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SNANkGZ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1wgbUzQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FYaowQc

This session ends here, thanks for your interest and as always, great modeling everyone.

Giorgio

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 3:57 pm - modificato 1 volta.
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 6

Dom Set 23, 2018 12:55 pm
    Hello everyone,
    I open this new update regarding the 'lady Lil' project. We are proceeding with the assembly of the nose Strafer of the B-25 J in the armed version. Despite the good detail guaranteed by the HK Models kit, also for this section (on sight) I relied on the detail set proposed by Eduard and included in the 'Big Ed' envelope optionally purchased separately.
    Floor preparation (ammo bay):

First of all, once I have studied the PE details (photo etches) of the Eduard, which will have to replace or interact with the kit, I proceed with the necessary modifications preparatory to the final assembly work.
    I delete the ammunition boxes to allow the insertion of detailed ones.
    The support bulkhead will also have to be replaced with the PE one.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4640

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4641

I define the perimeter of the base with a light riveting scaled 1/32 and then proceed with a small insertion test (which I always do for all the sections).

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4642

I check the various differences in detail and size between the kit's machine gun support and the Eduard one: the images speak for themselves.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4648

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4647

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4646

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4645

Final differences on the Eduard set and HK models kit:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4651

Assembling the Eduard set:

Once the appropriate analyzes have been carried out, I proceed with the assembly of the detail set using my trusty folder, patiently preparing all the necessary pieces and taking particular care not to ruin, even accidentally or involuntarily, the splendid photo-engravings of the finely engraved tape (ammunition) drawers. and  pre-colored.
    MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4649

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4650

The chests of drawers or boxes are also equipped with closing hooks (very delicate) and handles for extraction during resetting.
    The attachment details of the side panels are fixed on the attachment bulkhead to the fuselage

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4643

The latter are pre-treated for the selective elimination of approximately ten extractors (small round bubbles attached to the mold remaining after cutting during factory processing): to carry out this delicate but necessary operation (if we intend to show the open compartment) I first served with a micro cutter at variable speed and with a round frosted tip engraver so as to be able to effectively and quickly 'erase' the unsightly bubbles in relief and finally, going over the panel with an angular micro abrasive support capable of reaching in all recesses to homogenize the work.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4654

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4656

The final work was carried out with a small manual grinder capable of reaching the most hidden and difficult to treat recesses:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4657

The closure of the panels of the HK kit (like the other parts assembled so far) is perfect from every point of view and very detailed both outside and inside:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4660

Upon completion, I applied a tiny amount of cream polish to smooth the panels. After having carefully cleaned them with a cotton swab, I sprayed a very light glaze of matt Vallejo black for primer use to give greater volume and prominence to the panels with the subsequent interior green color lightly added with matt white, both Vallejo Air acrylic colours.
    MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4661

In the end, with a mix of Interior green and white, I 'highlighted' the internal walls of the weapons compartment closing panels.
    The differences in detail proposed on the internal bulkheads from the Eduard set with those of the HK kit are further illustrated:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4762

Per l'esterno, ho applicato un paio di leggere passate di giallo Tamya debitamente molto diluito.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4761

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4767

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4766

While I was waiting for the panels to dry completely to be able to proceed with the insertion of the Eduard photo-etched parts, I covered the armored panels according to the MWP (Metal Work Panels) technique and finally applied the punchings.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4763

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4764

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4765

After cutting an adequate portion of ultra-thin and self-adhesive aluminum tape, I applied a light brushing with medium/fine steel wool to obtain a matt finish useful for absorbing the metal polish cream in order to clean and remove any scratches or unwanted signs. To make the color uniform I carried out a small wash of the Mussini 'Asphalt' resin/oil mix capable of highlighting the punching and other information present on the reinforced panel.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4768

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4769

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4770

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4771

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_4773

Finally, I sprayed a suitable quantity of delayed fixing spray glue (3M Display Mount) on the back of the reinforced panels to allow me to ensure the correct position of the panels and therefore be able to intervene (without any damage) in the event of incorrect installation.
    Last, but not least, I prepared the ammunition tapes superbly made by Eduard in photogravure:
    this was certainly the most challenging intervention of the present session. The tape holders were colored with a Vallejo matt black pre-treatment and defined with Alclad II Chrome.
    The greatest difficulty is given by the 'folding' of the ribbon which often risks breaking due to the fragility of the photoengravings. However, with a lot of attention and care, I also completed this session.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_1

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_4

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_3

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_5

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_7

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_9

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_10

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_11

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_13

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_16

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_15

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_14

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_14bis

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_14tris

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_14quater

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_12

Fixation test of the frontal machine guns and alignment with the body placed inside the ammunition compartment:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_18_2

Before concluding, I would like to spend a few words on the test of fixing the frontal machine guns (eight) adequately prepared well in advance as explained in the Update 5 session of 04-03-2018 of this same thread.
    In fact, having to fix the original machine guns of the kit but covered with the perforated grids made in PE by Eduard, I considered it essential to proceed with a check aimed at both the correct position of the weapons inside the body with the alignment of the symmetrically placed fire outlets on the nose taking into account that, as illustrated in this session, the entire structure carrying the entire machine gun body and supporting ammunition belts has been replaced with the photo-etched one proposed by Eduard. It is therefore logical to test the compatibility and correct position of the weapons.
    As regards the entry holes of the fire outlets located on the muzzle, given that the machine guns take up more space than the original ones in the kit (due to the grid coating of the photo-etched parts), it was necessary to slightly dilate the entry holes with the special quadrangular fillers while for the internal alignment, I had to correct the positioning of the two upper weapons as they were not correctly aligned to the shooting position.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mit_3

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mit_1

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mit_2

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mit_6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_1

Coloring and application of the optional Zotz decals set:

At this point, I can proceed with the coloring of the muzzle and the application of the important and distinctive decals of the Zotz set in version no. 44-29577 'Lady Lil' 498th BS 'Falcons', 345th BG 'Air Apaches' 5th AF, Philippines,May 1945.
    I prepare the nose of the B-25 by closing the side panels (I don't fix the closing/opening hinges) by applying patafix to the inside to ensure closure during coloring: yellow is terrible to remove!
    I apply a first coat (primer) with a thin, very diluted spray of Valleyo white (matt) to help the yellow color cling correctly to the affected parts.
    I refill the airbrush (in this case, I used a simple but always excellent, double action Paasche 'Raptor') with Tamya yellow acrylic matt (in my humble opinion, one of the best for both coverage and hold) and proceed as per program obtaining a perfect result.
    From this moment on, a complex phase of colouring, masking and application of the decals (Falcons Face) begins.
    Fortunately, the Zotz set comes in handy by providing a very convenient masking of the Falcons Face which, among other things, was useful for recreating the front metal mask, in conformity with the fuselage and therefore treated with the usual MWP (Metal Work) metal coating technique Panels).

creation of the front mask with MWP procedure:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_2

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_4

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_5

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_7

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_8

b]front mask in MWP:[/b]

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mwp_10

After applying the masking, I color the upper part (top) of the muzzle, with USAF olive drab Vallejo Air. Once the masking has been removed, I delicately proceed with the application of the decals.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IMG_8371

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_20

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_21

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_19

Regarding the quality of the decals in question, nothing to complain about, simply fantastic, colors adhering to the real model and sufficiently robust.
    Another matter concerns the application of the same having to 'work' on a curved surface and in the presence of numerous protuberances, reinforced panels, doors etc. In my case then, the work is further complicated by wanting to take advantage of the option of opening at least one weapons compartment.
    This means having to intervene surgically with a very sharp scalpel and cut the decals during application (which is not always easy). Given the design and the need to overlap the decals, I can guarantee that the difficulty was truly high. To obtain the result you see, I had to apply several manual cutting interventions to correctly shape the decals and apply small coloring interventions on the damaged or detached parts (fortunately very few).
    Now that this work is finished, I take a long sigh before proceeding to the classic final polishing and mattifying treatment.

Polishing and subsequent matting of the decals:

Applying the decals as previously mentioned was not a walk in the park and since in this case there is also the overlapping of decals, I am thinking above all of 'Lady Lil' whose name, incidentally, was given by the B-25 pilot to his girlfriend but reproducing a subject designed by the legendary 'King of PinUps' Alberto Vargas for the 1945 calendar,

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 20170617_151819

the risk of 'silvering' is around the corner, which is why I favored a passage with Future's airbrush (wax) to obtain the most shiny and smooth finish with quick drying. I then applied a simple swipe of Matt Vallejo diluted at 30% and I obtained the result I wanted.

Test of conformity with the original: problems detected and resolved:

Comparing the rare images of the original subject, I noticed some differences between the HK kit and the chosen 'lady Lil' version. Meanwhile I had to eliminate the two side air vents located at the beginning of the reinforced panels. This is a simple plastering and painting job.
    More complicated, and it is really strange that I had missed it before applying the decals, the evident movement of the air intakes, both located on the panels of the armament compartment which, compared to the HK kit, are placed approximately half and in any case before the hawk's eye.
    Without hesitation, with an ultra-thin hacksaw with a long, soft blade, I cut off the two air vents of the kit at the base (to keep their shape and scale intact), reducing damage to a minimum: it involves very light liquid grouting and subsequent touch-up with an ultra-fine brush.
    Once the air vents have been eliminated from the incorrect position, I determine the new position by adjusting with the original photos and therefore noting the new coordinates on both panels with a small mark.
    At this point, with a microdrill, I make two small oblique holes as provided in the original kit. I finish the operation by gluing the air intakes obtained from the kit in the new location and position in accordance with the original.
    Now I proceed to adjust the internal part of the correct panels accordingly by recreating two small internal frames with the classic thin styrene. The internal part of the kit is completely filled, lined with ultra-thin sheet metal and finally colored with interior green.
    All I have to do is pre-color the new vents white and make everything uniform with Tamya yellow. Once this work is finished, I quickly and precisely touch up the micrograzes caused by the cuts previously made, obtaining the result that you can see at the end of the wip.

Original pic of the  B-25-J "Strafer" version "Lady Lil" 498th Bs, "Falcons", 345th Bomber Group "Air Apaches" 5th AF:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_2

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_1

The movement of the forward air intakes compared to those of the HK kit is quite evident: modification carried out.

This illustration shows how the 'Lady Lil' version shown above did not have the additional air intakes circled in white and in fact provided in the HK kit: they have been removed from the model.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_3

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_4

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_4bis

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_5

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_9

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_8

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_7

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_12

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Correct_13

versione riveduta e corretta:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Compose_1

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_30

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_32

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_27

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_22

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_38

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_35

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Gallery_41

Unfortunately, those who do modeling know, these 'trouble' shouldn't happen but having missed the comparison before applying the decals, I can only feel sorry for myself and proceed accordingly. Of course, I could have pretended nothing had happened but on a model of this scope and work, such a discrepancy is not really acceptable, I didn't accept it and I'm happy to have resolved it as best I could.
    Now I will simply have to check the overall work with daylight for any defects or coloring errors and proceed with their simultaneous elimination.

That's all for now. See you next time and as always, great modeling everyon
    Giorgio

Ultima modifica di aquatarkus10 il Gio Set 05, 2024 4:21 pm - modificato 1 volta.
    aquatarkus10
    aquatarkus10
    Admin

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Update 7 & ending session

Lun Nov 09, 2020 4:30 pm
    Hello everyone,
    after some time, my fault and my commitments, I can now update this thread with many topics and a particular focus on the MWP technique.
    We left off about two years ago with the correction of the nose (for the Lady lil version) or moving the two air intakes a little further upstream as required by the real model.

Here we will now deal with the wing surfaces and their treatment MWP: PANEL CLONING PROCESS

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Yz8KV47

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YbXorMd

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QSpUq1p

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale AM8Z6i8

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OHNTjZG

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CNPNesz

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZE8Kpdk

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HiZzadq

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XIbb8fj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale UpPev7t

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Sk6up79

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 3IyYx02

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HQsmckh

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WLHglzc

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JImaclA

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RgycQTQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NhCQNfD

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JvBrOdm

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IYNBIEH

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale DlpGjm4

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JsIyLMV

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale P0UPioE

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2sVzAct

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VzfIIrN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Rkb9mxT

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale AhZ8C0M

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8PQjINt

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 98AXE3e

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YIkdXQf

Final result of the coating performed with self-adhesive aluminum tape:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ALNqUhh

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TJwpBSn

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ae0GlvE

applicazione delle luci di navigazione :

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BScwPkC

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LkAkdAu

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale V0QDc1q

Panel matting procedure through brushing with ultrafine steel wool '00 00' and oil/resin washing (weathering)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 6e8PeZk

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Zaxfnt3

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QTBSI6t

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IyrO0Yf

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 73ZUAdB

final result:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale U2G2kTJ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RoGJxF0

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CbMhtEK

application of decals (Zotz optional set) with polishing (Future wax)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8J2WV7z

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ct2mTx5

Test to fit: let's just try to fix (not glue)  the wings for an 'on the fly' check!! Result: OK

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NiZl3sW

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 9GujPPv

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VQE9JB7

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HbtjUSV

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IriZEhH

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Clxphyu

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale AiAFFnY

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XNyupWR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2zi9I80

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 2Y0VwRh

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ri0ggr6

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LcX9Sra

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale G9sdKmW

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Xmqf8SE

Engines, exhausts, nose, detail, color and covering:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OeD9soH

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GOftOG8

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale J2dCviB

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BYaWW1o

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale P8N3VFN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 5wdbrA0

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale P8N3VFN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 0kJP3XC

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 5qHVNkS

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale MiIME4l

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Rxqc3ua

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 5zHPhIj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale IG0CrYa

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1AMYNv2

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale GSOajXB

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Llgnp8g

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1PbCZxR

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale LmEMaqL

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SJ4uf4i

Modification to be made to the flabella re-entry pins: drill the support plate, create a thin base to allow the support of new metal pins.

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale R6AXihK

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Syty4Cx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale KhI6MIN

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale B5QfyRy

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale CWbWNv5

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1kLp54n

pre-coloring of the exhausts with Shift Metal colors from the Chameleon series with multiple toning (for simulation of the variation in the color of the metal at different temperatures)

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Z9WBz0m

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale NAyAFXh

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PNkq1qa

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale OgCBCXy

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TQ5tS0W

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SPgKJ3t

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Zh8KN3v

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale FkZtUbB

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JRhQegO

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale RFXNHJP

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZrjDf56

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 50JkNqQ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale VGIE80W

Here is the modification made (holes) to allow the replacement of the metal flabella re-entry pins:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QnL0Nr9

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Mb5vvjz

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale MIVlUYJ

modification of the flabella pins performed:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale P36nOQn

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BBVDc38

Covering of the nacelles, aging and oxidation - application of details and self-construction of the right engine terminal compartment :

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale QRaS8F2

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BCsLFVZ

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YbsRulX

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ms9YdX5

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YSPdNIp

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Lmf2Ljo

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Zxg1CqB

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HrW8Guj

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale X8Jbh03

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 4GCots4

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Z1BtKQt

replacement of landing gear and wheels with Brassin (Eduard) & Scale Aircraft Conversions accessories

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 1ewjay4

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BzmuxAB

fixing arms with Bondic UV:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WqrwLQs

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale HUzykmx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YE6fQfv

Edit details with metal pins and tubes (Albion):

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JgrDVHE

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale K5WY8Gy

detail where it is possible to glimpse part of the self-built engine and connections

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale DBzeTO5

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Ih1v7Lx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale XWYI7RG

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale TY9gSWx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale MnN9Py4

modified dashboard detail:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YgYM0Tx

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZzejDHg

modification of emergency access hatch and side windows, cladding and detail (MWP)

original clearcoat from the kit:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Cz7aW8n

performing emergency access opening:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale ZvRq90k

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale WUEux1Q

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale UMhGSad

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale 8u8Bcbb

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale JzmPu0S

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale BqzeyHF

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale H3ZWdHh

Final assembly and application of the last details:

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Fk9rfwu

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale SmBfeuw

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale YowNGSm

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale PWsULDS

I thank all visitors for their attention and I look forward to seeing you at the gallery of the completed model on the appropriate page of the site.
    Enjoy:

Giorgio
    Contenuto sponsorizzato

MWP Project: North American B-25J  Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale Empty Re: MWP Project: North American B-25J Mitchell "Lady Lil" 1/32 scale